DIANA, JUNO, WILHELM THAM
Passenger Capacity: 55; 60
Built: 1931, 1874, 1912; refurbished 2003
Length: 105 ft.
Beam: 23 ft.
Staff and Crew: Swedish
- Itinerary: These old steamers cruise down the Gota Canal waterway that stretches across Sweden. The four and six-day cruises go between Gothenburg and Stockholm and pass groups of islands and through 65 locks.
- Cabins:The cabins are tiny, comparable to train compartments, and have upper and lower berths, except for two lower beds on the Main Deck of the Diana. All cabins have windows or portholesand a sink. Shower and toilets are shared. Some single cabins are available.
- Dining: Cuisine is traditional plus Swedish smorgasbord foods such as salmon, sherried herring, caviar-stuffed eggs, reindeer meat, cloudberry jam and flat breads.
- Facilities and Activities: These are turn-of-the-century steamers and have no special facilities. No children are allowed under age 7. Bicycles are on board. Passengers walk, jog or bicycle along the canal path. There are organized shore excursions at many stops. Most passengers are Swedish, with some from the U.S., Germany, Denmark, Switzerl and and Australia.
- FARES: Four-day cruise $775 to $1,325 per person double occupancy. Six-day cruise $1,225 to $1,650. Discounts often given for early reservations, for group travel and for certain departure dates.
European River Cruise Rating
Sea Cloud River Cruise
Tauck River Cruises (All Inclusive w/ Gratuities)
|*****||Uniworld River Cruise (All Inclusive w/ Gratuities)|
Imperial River Cruises
A Rosa River Cruises (All Inclusive w/ Gratuities)
|Rating is the sole opinion of Denver Travel's staff.|
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303 504 0400