MANATEE AMAZON EXPLORER
Passenger Capacity: 30
Officers & Crew: 12. Ecuadorian
- Itinerary: 3 night Friday - Monday, 4 night Monday - Friday or seven night Monday or Friday departures from port of Coca in Ecuador for excursions in the rainforest. BOARDING THE MANATEE:?a morning flight out of Quito to the frontier town of Coca, officially named Francisco de Orellana in honor of the explorer who discovered the Amazon River in 1542. Traveling approximately 2 hours by motorized canoe to board the Manatee Amazon Explorer and begin our exciting Amazonian adventure.
- Cabins: 14. There are 3 triple accommodation cabins with one lower bed and one berth; 10 cabins have 2 lower beds twin size. Cabins have private bathroom, are air conditioned, all outside
- Dress: Casual clothing and proper walking shoes needed for trekking in the rainforest.
- Facilities and Activities: There is a sundeck, a library, satellite TV, cell phone. There is a lounge for lectures, briefings and reviews of the day. Excursion leaders experienced in wildlife and anthropology lead daily excursions to different areas of the forest, visits to indigenous communities, and to national parks with pink river dolphins, caimans, macaws, parrots, monkeys. Passengers should be fit to climb steps, embark and disembark canoes. There are educational programs for students, family reunions, etc. and theme cruises such as in search of the pink river dolphin. Languages spoken onboard: Spanish, English, French. There is an open bridge.
- Fares: charter only. Prices based on season and length of cruise. Please inquire with Denver Travel.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303 504 0400 International caller (001)
USA 888 321 0103