Cruises on the Yangtze River in China
VICTORIA GRACE (1996), VICTORIA SOFIA (1994), VICTORIA KATARINA (2004), VICTORIA LIANNA (1995), VICTORIA SELINA (1994), VICTORIA ANNA (2006), VICTOIRA JENNA (2009)
Passenger Capacity: 154-378
Former Names: Liana & Selina were Victoria Queen & Victoria Star
Officers: Chinese, American, European
Crew: 112. Chinese
- Itinerary: The ships go on 3, 5, 8 (downstream) and 11(upstream) day cruises of the Yangtze River between Shanghai and Chongqing from March through mid-December The cruises can also be taken in segments such as from Chongqing to Wuhan or Chongqing-Yichang.
Cabins: 77-189. All cabins are outside with windows, two lower beds and a private bath, some with tubs. There are various size suites.
Dining: One restaurant with single seating dining, both Chinese and western cuisine.
- Facilities and Activities: Each has a lounge, bar, gymnasium, library and hairdresser. There are lectures on Chinese culture and history, feature films and cultural programs, along with tai chi lessons and demonstrations of painting and calligraphy. Passengers are mostly American, European and Asian. There is a doctor on board with abilities in both eastern and western medicine. At Wuhan you board a small river craft for an upstream ride on the Daning River to see the Three Small Gorges. At Shashi you go ashore to visit the ancient city of Jinzhou and the Prefectural Museum with artifacts from the Zhou, Qin and Han dynasties. Other shore excursions include Fengdu, Yue yang and Wan Xian, Mt. Lushun, Mt. Huangshan and Nanjing.
Fares: Fares for upstream/longer cruises are less costly than for the downstream/shorter cruises because the downstream trip is more popular; you have more time for viewing by taking the slower less costly upstream cruise. Cruise between Chongqing and Shanghai $1,400 to $3,780; Chongqing-Wuhan cruise $620 to $1,890; Wuhan to Shanghai $700 to $1,890. Shore excursions and port charges extra. Land/cruise packages are available that include excursions to the Song Dynasty cultural center of Zhou Zhuang, the garden city of Suzhou, Macau to see the cathedral or casino, the ancient capital of Xian, a performance of the Beijing Opera, and a day with a Chinese family and a home-cooked meal.
- Dining: two restaurants (a single-seating main dining room, and an a la carte restaurant on the top deck),
- Cabins: All cabins have private balconies, equipped with CDMA-wireless internet access, and HBO and CNN broadcasts.
- Facilities: four elevators, a three-story atrium lobby, two lounges, three bars, a fitness center, two full-sized lecture rooms, library, the Oasis beauty salon, artist corners and gift shop
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303 504 0400 International Callers (001)
USA 888 321 0103