Brochure Type: Europe 2018
Quintessential British heritage, traditions and landscapes over five days.
Additional Included Highlights
- York: Within the city walls see the York Minster and croked Shambles.
- Borders: See the ruins of Jedburgh Abbey.
- Liverpool: See the famous Liver Building.
- Chester: Walk by the Rows and see the cathedral, Eastgate Clock and remains of the Roman Amphitheatre.
- Cardiff: Enjoy an orientation tour.
- Bath: View the fine Georgian architecture.
- Scenic Drives: English Lake District, Welsh Marshes, Severn Bridge.
- Edinburgh: Sightseeing with a Local Expert will show you Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile and the Palace of Holyroodhouse. You will also see the Sir Walter Scott Monument on Princes Street, and explore the elegant New Town.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Discover the fascinating story of William Shakespeare's early years. Wander inside the timber-framed building where the world's most famous playwright was born and grew up. Peruse the interesting artefacts and memorabilia relating to the great bard's life.
- Chester: Explore this former Roman fortress town with a guided walk along part of the city walls. Admire the Eastgate Clock, cathedral, black and white 'Rows' and remains of the Roman Amphitheatre.
- Bath: The City of Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built atop of Britain's only natural mineral springs. Visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room, built by the Romans over 2000 years ago as a place to wash and socialise.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have stood for 5,000 years.
- Borders: See the ruins of Jedburgh Abbey.
- Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle, framed by flickering torch light. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. In their hundreds, wave upon wave of massed bands, flag bearers and baton twirlers erupt in a virtuoso display of rhythmic precision. For a limited time in August, you can witness the remarkable spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Liverpool: See the famous Liver Building when you visit the home city of The Beatles.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the beautiful British countryside and scenery of the English Lake District and Welsh Marshes, along with the Severn Bridge.
- York: Walk with your Travel Director within the city walls to see the York Minster and crocked Shambles.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion.
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase transfers from/to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (303) 504-0400 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867019
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||York||From London to Stratford-upon-Avon & Medieval York.: At 07:15, meet your Travel Director at the The Grosvenor Hotel in London and depart for Stratford-upon-Avon. Visit the birthplace of William Shakespeare and admire the architecture of this pretty town nestled beside the River Avon. Head north to historic York and walk inside the city walls see to the topsy-turvy Shambles, a picturesque street with warped overhanging timber-framed houses. Admire the glorious York Minster, which is the largest medieval church in northern Europe. In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner and the chance to get to know your fellow travellers. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Edinburgh||Over the Border to Edinburgh.: Pass the ruined Jedburgh Abbey, en route to Edinburgh. Your Local Expert will show you Edinburgh Castle, home to the Honours of Scotland. At the end of the Royal Mile see the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official Scottish residence of Her Majesty, the Queen. Cross over to Princes Street, passing the Sir Walter Scott Monument, to explore the elegant 18th century New Town with its classical Adam facades. In the evening, select departures will attend the spectacular Military Tattoo - a colourful mix of pipes and drums, dance and display, set against the floodlit backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Apex Waterloo Place Hotel, Edinburgh.
|Day 3||Liverpool||To the Lake District and on to Liverpool.: Journey via Gretna Green, where many eloping English couples have married, to the beautiful English Lake District where there is time at leisure to explore on your own. Why not choose the Optional Excursion of a cruise on Windermere and steam train ride? There really is no better way to admire the incredible scenery of rugged mountain and secluded bays. Continue to lively Liverpool, home of The Beatles, and see the famous Liver Building. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Pullman Liverpool Hotel.
|Day 4||Cardiff||Travel to Roman Chester and on to Cardiff.: Visit the former Roman fortress town of Chester. Walk along part of the city walls, see the Eastgate Clock, cathedral, remains of the Roman Amphitheatre and the unique black and white shopping arcades known as the 'Rows.' After time to explore, cross into Wales and head for the capital of Cardiff for an orientation of the port city, on the River Taff. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Clayton Hotel Cardiff.
|Day 5||London||Georgian Bath, Stonehenge and London.: Cross the Severn Bridge back into England and travel to the City of Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built above Britain's only thermal, mineral springs. The key highlight is of course a visit to the Roman Baths. See incredibly well-preserved remains of one of the greatest spas of the ancient world, still flowing with the natural hot water from the springs. You will also see the angels climbing Jacob's Ladder on the 15th century Bath Abbey. Travel across Salisbury Plain to visit the pre-historic and mysterious Stonehenge, where the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths are reputed to be up to 5,000 years old. Your journey concludes upon arrival at The Grosvenor Hotel in London. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. This journey starts and ends at The Grosvenor Hotel in London. 12 Aug departure stays at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool. 5 Aug, 12 Aug & 19 Aug departures attend the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class