GLOBUS 2021: Alaska's Iditarod (AI)
8 Day Tour from Anchorage to Anchorage
Come gee! Come haw! Come out for Alaska's best known sporting event. 'Alaska's Last Great Race' takes place every March as mushers bark commands to teams of sled dogs in hopes of being the first to cross 1,000 treacherous miles of frozen, rugged terrain. On this thrill-filled Alaska vacation, you'll stop by Iditarod headquarters, visit the kennels of four-time Iditarod Champion Martin Buser, and attend the annual Mushers Banquet where you can meet, mingle, and even witness the draw for starting positions. Cheer on your favorite mushers at the ceremonial start of the race in Anchorage and again at the official restart in the quaint community of Willow. Of course, the Siberian Husky isn't the only animal you'll see on this tour of Alaska. Have your camera ready for moose, musk ox, and more as you enjoy visits to Anchorage's renowned wildlife centers and the Girdwood ski resort where you can put your own paws in the snow.
Call (303) 504-0400 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14992592
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Anchorage||ANCHORAGE Welcome to Anchorage! Free day.|
|Day 2||Girdwood||ANCHORAGE Welcome breakfast. Scenic drive past Turnagain Arm en route to the Alaska Sealife Center.SEWARD Visit Alaska Sealife Center.GIRDWOOD Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Girdwood||GIRDWOOD Scenic aerial tram. Remainder of the day is free. (B)|
|Day 4||GIRDWOOD-ANCHORAGE||ANCHORAGE Guided city sightseeing. Visit to Lake Hood Seaplane Airport. Visit Alaska Zoo. [LF] Mushers Banquet dinner and Iditarod festivities. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Anchorage||BIG LAKE Visit Iditarod Champion Martin Buser at his home, [LF] Happy Trails Kennels. Visit Iditarod Trail Race Headquarters. Free time in Anchorage this evening. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Anchorage with a Northern Lights photography tour. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 6||Anchorage||ANCHORAGE Free time this morning before the Iditarod starting ceremonies. Visit to the Anchorage Museum. Farewell dinner this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Anchorage||WILLOW Attend the Iditarod official restart (weather and trail conditions permitting). Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 8||Anchorage||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).