2021: China Experience with Hong Kong (2185)
12 Day Tour from Shanghai to Hong Kong
On this tour through China, you'll explore some of China's most famous sites and learn about its ancient and current culture. You'll start with three nights in Shanghai, end with three nights in Hong Kong, spend three nights in Beijing, and two nights in Xi'an. A highlight of this China tour includes a visit to Xi'an, where you'll discover the Terracotta Warriors. These well-preserved, life-size figures of thousands of warriors, horses, and chariots were created in the 3rd century BC to accompany China's first emperor into the afterlife. They are nothing short of spectacular! Of course, no tour to China is complete without a visit to the Great Wall of China, the longest man-made structure in the world. Imagine how you'll feel when you're standing on this famous site, taking in the fascinating history and surrounding mountainous views!Other highlights of this China tour include visits to the Shanghai Museum, with a collection of 140,000 relics, some dating back 6,000 years, and Beijing's Forbidden City, the home of China's emperors from 1420 to 1912. In Hong Kong, take a cable-car ride for sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, traverse the Central District on the historic 'Ding Ding' double decker tram, and enjoy a full day at your leisure to explore the city at your own pace.You'll also enjoy a Peking duck dinner in Beijing, a walking tour of the Muslim quarter in Xi'an, a visit to a Silk Museum in Shanghai, and more. For the value-minded traveler, this China tour has it all!
Call (303) 504-0400 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15243529
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Shanghai||Welcome to Shanghai, China's largest city and center of trade. Hotel rooms are available for a mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Shanghai||Sightseeing today includes a stroll through the Old Town and the beautiful Yu Yuan Gardens, a place of peace and tranquility in this bustling city. Visit the Shanghai Museum, where superb antiquities and fine arts dating back 6,000 years are on display. Walk along the famous Bund with its colonial architecture, and explore the restored Xintiandi area with its unique 1920s-style Shikumen buildings. You will also visit a silk factory to learn about the silk-making process. Tonight, join your traveling companions for dinner at your hotel. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Shanghai||Explore Shanghai at leisure. You may opt to join an optional excursion to the historic water town of Wuzhen, renowned for its Old World charm and picturesque setting. (B)|
|Day 4||Xi'an||Today, fly to Xi'an, the former ancient capital. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 5||Xi'an||One of the largest and wealthiest cities in the world when China dominated the silk trade, Xi'an today is an archaeological treasure trove. Sightseeing begins with the enormous tomb of China's first emperor, Qin Shi Huangdi, accidentally discovered by local farmers in 1974. Marvel at the legion of Terracotta Warriors that has been guarding the burial site for 2,000 years. Later, walk along the ancient city wall of Xi'an. The balance of the day is at your leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Beijing||This morning, take a walking tour through the lively Muslim Quarter to explore the Islamic food markets before your flight to Beijing, capital of China. (B)|
|Day 7||Beijing||Sightseeing today includes a stroll through Tian'anmen Square past Chairman Mao's Mausoleum and to the treasure-filled Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved collection of ancient buildings in China. During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, it was home to emperors as well as the center of politics. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Beijing||The Great Wall of China once stretched 4,000 miles across China's barren northern terrain from the Bohai Sea to the Gobi Desert. Head north to a village where the Great Wall is well preserved and walk along the wall to enjoy sweeping vistas of this mammoth fortress. This evening your dinner features the local delicacy, Peking duck. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Hong Kong||After breakfast this morning, transfer to the airport for your flight to Hong Kong. (B)|
|Day 10||Hong Kong||Your sightseeing tour begins with a ride on the popular Star Ferry from Kowloon Island to Hong Kong Island. On arrival, take a cable-car ride up Victoria Peak for panoramic vistas. Then, explore the old Sheung Wan neighborhood and visit the dried seafood market before traversing the Central District aboard the historic double-decker tram, commonly referred to as the 'Ding Ding,' due to the sound of its bell. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 11||Hong Kong||Enjoy free time for independent exploration. (B)|
|Day 12||Hong Kong||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).