Brochure Type: 2021-2022 Europe & Beyond
This is where the sway of the Mediterranean meets Central Europe and blends with the exotic East. From the Danube to Dracula's castle, there is history at every turn.
- Bucharest: Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for your Welcome Dinner served with wine.
- Sarajevo: Experience authentic Bosnian coffee and learn about the traditional ritual of coffee preparation.
- Veliko Tarnovo: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner of local specialties with wine and witness a folklore show.
- Dubrovnik: You will be offered a varied selection of charming restaurants to choose from for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Sarajevo: You are invited into a Sarajevan family home for a dinner and drinks. Savour the warm hospitality and authentic cuisine as you hear inspirational stories about their culture.
- Budapest: Dine in elegance and savour Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially-selected Hungarian wine during your Celebration Dinner at Gundel.
- Budapest: Dine in elegance and savour Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially selected Hungarian wine during your Celebration Dinner at Gundel.
- Dining Summary: 17 Breakfast (B), 10 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Sarajevo: Choose between meeting a survivor of the Bosnian War for a visit to Sarajevo's astonishing Tunnel of Hope, or alternatively, take a nature walk to the spring of the Bosna River, a picturesque park just beyond the city.
- Enjoy the scenery through Prahova Valley, the Carpathian and Balkan Mountains, Lake Ohrid, Bosnian Mountains and the Dinaric Alps. Travel through the Province of Vojvodina and Puszta Region.: Enjoy the scenery through Prahova Valley, the Carpathian and Balkan Mountains, Lake Ohrid, Bosnian Mountains and the Dinaric Alps. Travel through the Province of Vojvodina and Puszta Region.
- Bucharest: Walk the cavernous halls of the vast Palace of Parliament, learn about the history and listen to amusing tales from your Local Expert.
- Sinaia: Led by a local historian, witness the opulent and sumptuous decor in Pele? Castle, the fairy-tale Royal summer residence, at the foot of the Bucegi Mountains.
- Bran Castle: Visit the imposing medieval castle guarding the old Transylvanian border and embrace its stories, myths and legends from Count Dracula to romantic Queen Marie.
- Brasov: Explore Town Hall Square with your Local Expert and see the Black Church.
- Veliko Tarnovo: Ascend Tsarevets, the King's Hill, crowned by a ruined medieval citadel. Enjoy the views and imagine yourself back in the days of the Crusades when this was the capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom.
- Arbanassi: At the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Arbanassi, visit a traditional 17th century merchants' house and enjoy the acoustics in the Church of the Holy Nativity.
- Sofia: Sightseeing with your Local Expert takes you to St. Sofia Church, across the square from the golden domed St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the archaeological complex, dominated by the church of St. George Rotonda.
- Skopje: Visit the capital of Macedonia with your Local Expert, explore Square Macedonia and see the Stone Bridge before walking through the Old Bazaar.
- Ohrid: Walk the cobbled, narrow streets of the Old Town.
- Tirana: Meet a local resident who will show you Skanderbeg Square and walk you through their home city as they explain what it's like to live in the Albanian capital.
- Kotor: Visit the Stari Grad, also referred to as the Old Town, perfectly positioned on a beautiful bay.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the Old Town to see Onofrio's Fountain, Rector's Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Mostar: Learn the history and symbolic significance of Stari Most and explore the old town with your Local Expert.
- Belgrade: A Local Expert will show you St. Sava Church, Terazije Street, the national museum, national theatre, Republic Square and the Kalemegdan Fortress.
- Palic: Visit this town sitting on the Serbian-Hungarian border. See the water tower and the art nouveau buildings by the lake.
- Budapest: Visiting the Central Market Hall is a foodie's dream. Accompanied by your Local Expert, wander three levels of stalls, brimming with mouth-watering salamis, spicy paprika, Hungarian wines and a whole lot of Palinka.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Call (303) 504-0400 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15391968
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 18 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Bucharest||Welcome to Bucharest: Transfers depart Henri Coanda International Airport at 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00 for your hotel, which is one of the city's most sophisticated and prestigious landmarks. At 18:00, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for your Welcome Dinner, served with wine at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest.
|Day 2||Brasov||From Bucharest to Brasov: Join a Local Expert for sightseeing to view University Square and the former communist headquarters. Visit the immense Parliament Palace, one of the most impressive buildings in the world. Travel along the Prahova Valley to the elegant mountain resort of Sinaia to visit Pele? Castle. Led by a local historian, admire the lavish rooms filled with art, armour and tapestries. Continue through the Carpathian Mountains to the charming medieval city of Brasov, founded in 1211 by the Teutonic Knights. This evening you are treated to dinner at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Aro Palace, Brasov.
|Day 3||Brasov||Transylvania: Castles and Myths: With your Local Expert, take a walk around Town Hall Square, lined with beautiful red-roofed houses and dominated by the Black Church. Then, picture a horse and carriage careering up a wet mountainous road, thunder booming and lightning illuminating the medieval fortress guarding the Transylvanian border. Visit Bran Castle, said to be the inspiration for Bram Stoker's novel and discover if this popular image of Dracula's castle is true or like the vampire story itself, only a myth. (Breakfast)|
Aro Palace, Brasov.
|Day 4||Veliko Tarnovo||Veliko Tarnovo: Cross the Danube into Bulgaria and continue to Veliko Tarnovo, the City of the Tsars, where houses cling to the cliffs of the River Yantra, making it one of the country's most beautiful towns. In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner of local specialities and wine, followed by an authentic folklore show. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Yantra Grand Hotel, Velido Turnovo.
|Day 5||Sofia||To Sofia: Meet your Local Expert to climb up to the ruined Tsarevets Fortress, a reminder of the town's former imperial status. Enjoy the stunning views over the old Bulgarian capital and the Yantra Valley. Arbanasi is one of Bulgaria's most beautiful villages and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The frescoed churches and fortified dwellings offer a unique insight into the former wealth and spiritual commitment of the settlement. Visit a traditional 17th century merchant's house and the Church of the Holy Nativity. Cross the Balkan Mountains to Bulgaria's modern day capital of Sofia. On arrival, sightseeing with a Local Expert takes you to St. Sofia Church, across the square from the golden domed St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the archaeological complex, dominated by the church of St. George Rotonda. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Sofia||Sofia at Your Pace: Enjoy the day at your leisure. Perhaps visit the Rila Monastery or enjoy a fascinating insight into the largest and most famous Eastern Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria? (Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Skopje||Skopje: Cross the border and continue to the North Macedonian capital of Skopje, an ultra-modern city juxtaposed by an ancient bazaar, where Turkish influences can still be seen and felt. Enjoy sightseeing with a Local Expert. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Bushi Resort & Spa, Skopje.
|Day 8||Tirana||Ohrid and Tirana on the Move: Making your way to the border, stop by the scenic Lake Ohrid for lunch. Cross into Albania and journey to Tirana, renowned for its friendly locals. Continue to the landmark Skanderbeg Square for an insider's look at the Albanian capital. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Maritim Hotel Plaza Tirana.
|Day 9||Dubrovnik||Kotor and Dubrovnik: Journey through the spectacular scenery of Montenegro to the Old Town of Kotor, known as Stari Grad. Located beside a beautiful bay near the limestone cliffs of Mt. Lovcen, its no surprise it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue over the Croatian border to the fortified port of Dubrovnik where you are at leisure to explore the Old Town, bustling with street artists, cafes and restaurants. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik.
|Day 10||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik Sightseeing: Join a Local Expert for a morning of exploring the stone-paved streets within the 16th century bastions. See Onofrio's Fountain and the Rector's Palace, the city walls and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries. The rest of the day is free for you to immerse yourself in the beautiful surroundings. Perhaps enjoy an Optional Experience to a stunning town on the Adriatic coast, Cavtat, where you can wander along the pine-forest paths beside the crystal-clear sea. At night, you may choose from a fine selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik.
|Day 11||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik, Paradise on Earth: Spend a day at leisure in the Pearl of the Adriatic. Sunbathe by the pool or stroll with friends along the ancient city walls. Perhaps explore some of the filming locations of the award-winning series 'Game of Thrones' and appreciate the enterprising spirit of the Old Harbour? As the sun starts to set, maybe take a relaxing cruise to admire the city and its incredible walls from the water. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik.
|Day 12||Sarajevo||Mostar and Sarajevo: Journey to Mostar. With your Local Expert, see the famous Stari Most, the Old Bridge, reconstructed after being almost completely destroyed during the war. Explore the cobbled Old Town, stretching on both sides of the bridge and filled with shops selling souvenirs. Continue your travels following the scenic route to Sarajevo for a unique and rewarding insight into the local way of life as you are invited into a Sarajevan family home for a dinner with drinks. Savour the authentic cuisine and traditional Bosnian coffee as you hear inspirational stories. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 13||Sarajevo||Sarajevo, City of Culture: Explore Sarajevo with Insight Choice. Choose between meeting a survivor of the Bosnian War for a visit to Sarajevo's astonishing Tunnel of Hope, or alternatively, take a nature walk to the spring of the Bosna River, a picturesque park just beyond the city. The rest of the afternoon is for you to explore as you wish. (Breakfast)|
|Day 14||Belgrade||The Serbian Capital of Belgrade: Trace your way along the Drina river, that lies on the border of Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Take in beautiful landscapes of lush, green mountains that create magical forest canyons, winding your way through deep valleys as you make your way to Belgrade. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Home Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Belgrade.
|Day 15||Belgrade||The Best of Belgrade: Join a Local Expert to see the best of Belgrade including Terazije Street, the national museum and national theatre in Republic Square, as well as a visit to the famous St. Sava Church. Finish your sightseeing at the Kalemegdan Fortress, situated at the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers. Enjoy a free afternoon to relax or continue exploring on your own. (Breakfast)|
Home Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Belgrade.
|Day 16||Budapest||Across to Budapest: Journey north and cross the Province of Vojvodina to reach Palic on the Hungarian border. See the picturesque lake, where you can admire the art nouveau buildings. Continue on through the vast wilderness of the Puszta, where once cowboys rustled up goulash under the stars. Your destination will be Budapest on the Danube. (Breakfast)|
Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
|Day 17||Budapest||Budapest, Queen of the Danube: Venture into the heart of Buda's medieval Castle District with a Local Expert to visit Matthias Church and take in the view of the immense Hungarian Parliament Building from the Fisherman's Bastion. Cross the Danube to the Pest district to visit Heroes' Square and travel down elegant Andrassy Boulevard. Enjoy time to wander through the Central Market Hall. Spread over three levels, the market is a foodie's paradise, brimming with aromatic food stalls offering delicious salamis, spicy paprika, delicious Tokaji wines and an array of flavoured Palinkas, a traditional Hungarian fruit brandy. Tonight you are in for a treat with your Celebration Dinner at Gundel, one of Budapest's most renowned restaurants for over a hundred years. Dine in elegance as you savour hearty, Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially-selected Hungarian wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
|Day 18||Budapest||Depart Budapest: Departure transfers arrive at Ferenc Liszt International Airport at 07:00 and 11:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements as documents may not be issued at borders in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class