Brochure Type: Europe & Britain: 2022
True to its name, this escorted journey showcases the best that Spain has to offer: the Alhambra, the modernist architecture of Barcelona, Madrid's Prado Museum, the Andalucian capital of Seville and Cordoba's Mezquita, to name but a few.
- Barcelona: Join you Travel Director at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Valencia: Learn the authentic recipe of paella when you join a local chef for a Cooking Demonstration. Savour the flavours of this classic dish for dinner, washed down with a glass of Sangria, during your Highlight Dinner.
- Madrid: With good food and wine, toast the culmination of your travels during a fabulous Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Seville: Choose between a visit to the cathedral and a walk through the old Jewish quarter with a Local Expert or alternatively, join a panoramic tour of the city and stop for a refreshing beverage.
- Granada: Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. While others wait in line, you'll be exploring alongside a fascinating Local Expert keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
- Madrid: Witness the world's finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian.
- Seville: The Cristina Heeren Foundation aims to promote the teaching and conservation of flamenco and is a beneficiary of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Meet the students of the foundation, learn some basic flamenco steps, and then feel the passion as the students perform an emotional show.The Cristina Heeren Foundation advances SDG 4: Quality Education. The school enables students access to cultural education that otherwise may not have occurred. TreadRights sponsorship has helped students to complete their studies in advanced guitar, singing and dance. The Foundation also advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. As students complete their training, they will carry on and safeguard the traditional flamenco dance, contributing to the protection of Andalusia and Spain's cultural heritage.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and enjoy the views as your travel along Costa Dorada, Ebro Delta, Costa Blanca, through Sierra Nevada, Andalucia, the Guadalquivir Valley and across the Plains of La Mancha.
- Barcelona: Explore the heart of the Gothic Quarter with your Local Expert. See the cathedral, walk through the Roman gate and tour the narrow lanes and old squares. You will also enjoy a drive down Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Gracia to witness some of the finest Modernist architecture. Journey through the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerising Sagrada Familia.
- Peniscola: See the castle featured in the film 'El Cid'.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the huge gates of the old town, Torres de Serranos and Torres de Quart.
- Seville: From the Moorish Patio de los Naranjos, guided by your Local Expert step inside the cathedral and pass the altarpiece dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Cordoba: Explore the incredible Mezquita with your Local Expert. Admire the forest of horseshoe arches and learn how this building symbolises many of Cordoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Expert. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the fountain in the Plaza de Cibeles, the Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace, before crossing the Puerta del Sol.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Call (303) 504-0400 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15392200
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Barcelona||Welcome to Barcelona: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Airport transfers depart from Barcelona airport for your hotel at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:00. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 18:00 for your Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
NH Collection Constanza / Hilton Barcelona.
|Day 2||Barcelona||Barcelona, the City of Gaudi: With your Local Expert, explore the narrow lanes and old squares behind the cathedral in the Barri Gotic, Gothic Quarter. See the lively Las Ramblas and then head along the Passeig de Gracia, adorned with elegant wrought-iron street lamps and some of the most flamboyant Modernist buildings. Continue through the Eixample district for a visit inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia, to see the central nave with its giant, tree-like pillars, spectacular vaulting and the beautiful rainbows flooding in through the intricate stained-glass windows. Enjoy the after at leisure to explore or perhaps join an optional experience to Montserrat & The Black Madonna. (Breakfast)|
NH Collection Constanza / Hilton Barcelona.
|Day 3||Valencia||Along the coast to Valencia: Follow the sunny Costa Dorada, past the rice fields of the Ebro Delta to stop at the seaside resort of Peniscola and see the hilltop castle, used in the film 'El Cid'. Pass through the famous orange groves to Valencia, see the City of Arts and Sciences. Pass the Old City and see its medieval gates to reach your hotel.Valencia is home to one of the world's greatest dishes, paella. Meet the chef of a local family-run restaurant in the heart of the Old City and learn the traditional recipe during a Cooking Demonstration, before savouring the delicious flavours of this classic dish, washed down with a glass of sangria, during your Highlight Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||Granada||Exquisite Granada and Alhambra: Travel south toward Andalucia, passing the castle at Lorca and troglodyte dwellings hollowed out of the soft rock near Guadix. Enjoy views of the Sierra Nevada from a distance as you reach glorious Granada. This historic city was a Moorish Kingdom for almost 8 centuries and was the last stronghold to fall to the Catholic Monarchs of Spain in 1492. Overlooking Granada stands one of the most remarkable fortresses ever built, the Alhambra. Led by your Local Expert, explore this exquisite palace, built as a citadel by the Moors in the 13th century - a fantasy of arabesque gardens, fountains and stone cut like lace. Stroll through the elegant exotic gardens of the Generalife, the Royal summer residence. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Seville||A Scenic Drive to Seville: The morning is at your leisure to explore as you wish. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to the Albaicin Quarter with a Local Expert and fall in love with Granada as you learn about its pivotal role in European history? Continue your travels to Seville, past gleaming white villages and olive groves that stretch as far as the eye can see. (Breakfast)|
Melia Sevilla, Seville.
|Day 6||Seville||Seville, the City of Carmen: Explore Seville with Insight Choice. Choose to visit Seville's Cathedral, the final resting place of Christopher Columbus and continue your exploration in the old Jewish Quarter or alternatively, join a scenic drive around the city and a short walk through the narrow lanes of Santa Cruz Quarter to enjoy a refreshing beverage. This evening, visit the Cristina Heeren Foundation, a beneficiary of a TreadRight Foundation grant. This private dance school is dedicated to promoting the conservation of flamenco and supports young enthusiasts from all over the world with a special focus on new talent from the Andalusian region. Feel the passion behind the choreography as you put your rhythm to the test during a dance lesson before witnessing emotions come to life in a flamenco performance. With some free time for dinner, wander the restaurants in Triana or try the local night market Lonja Del Barranco selling tapas made from fresh, local produce. Why not grab yourself a refreshing sangria for a cheers to your new found dancing feet? (Breakfast)|
Melia Sevilla, Seville.
|Day 7||Madrid||Moorish Cordoba and on to Madrid: Set off early along the Guadalquivir Valley, passing villages and towns studded with Moorish towers and fortresses. Stop in the perfectly preserved Moorish city of Cordoba and see the famous Roman bridge, built in the 1st century BC. Meet a local historian and visit the magnificent Mezquita, a beautiful 8th century mosque with a Christian cathedral built inside it. Make the most of your time at leisure and stroll the narrow streets of the city. Follow in the footsteps of Don Quixote as you travel through La Mancha and on to the capital - Madrid. (Breakfast)|
Barcelo Torre de Madrid/Melia Serrano Madrid.
|Day 8||Madrid||Madrid of the Bourbons: Enjoy sightseeing with your Local Expert, as they take you along the main historic areas in the capital of Spain, Madrid. Your drive continues through the Old Quarter to discover the origins of the city. Visit the Prado Museum with an art historian, a magnificent palace housing works by Velazquez, Goya, Titian, Rubens and others. The afternoon is at your leisure to relax at a cafe, shop in the trendy boutiques or perhaps enjoy an Optional Experience to beautiful Toledo? In the evening, join your Travel Director and newfound friends at a local restaurant in the heart of the city. Toast to your adventures as you enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner of regional favourites, served with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Barcelo Torre de Madrid/Melia Serrano Madrid.
|Day 9||Madrid||Depart Madrid: After breakfast, transfers arrive at Madrid airport at 07:00, 09:00 and 11:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: (1a) Christmas dinner in Seville. (1b) New Year's Eve dinner in Seville.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class